LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Practical Jokes

Last post 05-11-1999, 12:18 AM by anonymous2. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-07-1999, 1:33 AM 313

Practical Jokes

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    To RUN,

Has anyone in your squadron pulled a silly (funny) prank on you? If so what did you do to get your own back?

Rapier
  •  05-10-1999, 11:39 AM 341 in reply to 313

Re:Practical Jokes

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [To RUN,

Has anyone in your squadron pulled a silly (funny) prank on you? If so what did you do to get your own back?

Rapier]

No, it was more during pilot training that the instructors thought it was funny to do that. I have a couple of examples that didn't happen to mee ;-)

1. Before you stepped to the jet you had to test your microfone in the mask by plugging the wire to a box & press a button. Some instructors told their students that they had to make a request for the crewbus, which took you to the line, when talking into the box. This ofcourse wasn't true, but several students called for the crewbus when they were testing their mikes(Some even did it for weeks).

2. On the first flights some instructors made their students believe that you could fly the jet by moving the body. They lifted their arms up and leaned to the side & the jet turned. Ofcourse they were moving the stick with their legs, but some students believed it.

3. Another instructor made his students yell in the intake & the instructor would then listen at the tail to see if he could hear the yelling. If he could the jet was ok.

RUN
  •  05-10-1999, 7:59 PM 348 in reply to 341

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    [---snip---
    [To RUN,

Rapier

No, it was more during pilot training that the instructors thought it was funny to do that. I have a couple of examples that didn't happen to mee ;-)

1. Before you stepped to the jet you had to test your microfone in the mask by plugging the wire to a box & press a button. Some instructors told their students that they had to make a request for the crewbus, which took you to the line, when talking into the box. This ofcourse wasn't true, but several students called for the crewbus when they were testing their mikes(Some even did it for weeks).

2. On the first flights some instructors made their students believe that you could fly the jet by moving the body. They lifted their arms up and leaned to the side & the jet turned. Ofcourse they were moving the stick with their legs, but some students believed it.

3. Another instructor made his students yell in the intake & the instructor would then listen at the tail to see if he could hear the yelling. If he could the jet was ok.

RUN]
    ---snip---]

Hi RUN,

Thanks for that, I was having a bad day until I read the above message. I laughed so much when I read about all the jokes I almost spat my drink out all over the computer. It would be great to hear if you knew any more stories like this.

Thanks

Rapier
  •  05-10-1999, 9:14 PM 351 in reply to 348

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [---snip---
    To RUN,

Rapier

RUN
    ---snip---

Hi RUN,

Thanks for that, I was having a bad day until I read the above message. I laughed so much when I read about all the jokes I almost spat my drink out all over the computer. It would be great to hear if you knew any more stories like this.

Thanks

Rapier]

Ok one more:

The student has to blow the pitot tube while the instructor checks in the cockpit if the airspeed indicator moves.

RUN
  •  05-10-1999, 10:13 PM 356 in reply to 351

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    [Ok one more:

The student has to blow the pitot tube while the instructor checks in the cockpit if the airspeed indicator moves.

RUN]

Ha ha ha... This is classic, It's amazing what some people will do. I bet the instructors face must of been turning blue with laughter, while the pilots face must have been turning blue from all that blowing!

Thanks RUN

Rapier
  •  05-10-1999, 10:59 PM 358 in reply to 356

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [Ok one more:

RUN

Ha ha ha... This is classic, It's amazing what some people will do. I bet the instructors face must of been turning blue with laughter, while the pilots face must have been turning blue from all that blowing!

Thanks RUN

Rapier]

Ok, just one more ;o)

There is a little metal piece that connects the oxygen hose from the mask to the hose in the aircraft. You normally have this piece attached to the oxygen hose from the mask. One of my friends instructors stole this little piece from my friend when he wasn't paying attention.
    All strapped into the jet the student complained to the instructor that he couldn't find it & the instructor asked him if he hadn't brought his spare. This made the student even more confused since he hadn't heard of a spare. The instructor then said, well you can use mine (and handed the student the stolen piece). After the flight the instructor told the student to go to life support and ask for a spare, which ofcourse brought a lot of laugh to the life support people.

RUN
  •  05-10-1999, 11:56 PM 360 in reply to 358

*** Posted by Rapier ***

Ok, just one more ;o)

There is a little metal piece that connects the oxygen hose from the mask to the hose in the aircraft. You normally have this piece attached to the oxygen hose from the mask. One of my friends instructors stole this little piece from my friend when he wasn't paying attention.
    All strapped into the jet the student complained to the instructor that he couldn't find it & the instructor asked him if he hadn't brought his spare. This made the student even more confused since he hadn't heard of a spare. The instructor then said, well you can use mine (and handed the student the stolen piece). After the flight the instructor told the student to go to life support and ask for a spare, which ofcourse brought a lot of laugh to the life support people.

RUN]

RUN, these stories they are so funny I cant believe they got away with playing so many jokes. You should make this another part of the web site or another catagory of the Forum. I'm sure as more people visit they will be able to tell more stories and add a bit more fun to the site

Fantastic! Thanks

Rapier
  •  05-11-1999, 12:11 AM 362 in reply to 360

*** Posted by RUN ***
    [RUN, these stories they are so funny I cant believe they got away with playing so many jokes. You should make this another part of the web site or another catagory of the Forum. I'm sure as more people visit they will be able to tell more stories and add a bit more fun to the site

Fantastic! Thanks

Rapier]

Ok, on the next update I will add a jokes section

RUN
  •  05-11-1999, 12:18 AM 364 in reply to 362

Jokes Section! Excellent Addition!

*** Posted by Rapier ***
    Ok, on the next update I will add a jokes section

RUN]

Yes, excellent! I cant wait! This site just gets more and more awsome by the day, just like the F-16 ;)

Thanks again RUN!

Rapier
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved